#1 BaronBadEgg

BaronBadEgg

DO NOT drug the egg

• Rookie Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm afraid I accidentally banned him for a long time. I typed in "30" for 30 minutes. As per usual, him and 310 kept stacking marines and I warned him several times... then people left... and by the time I banned him the server was half empty.

#2 JASONJASONJASONJASON

JASONJASONJASONJASON

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Are you drunk?

I joined the server towards the end of 1 map random. my team lost. next round Baron egg starts giving me the 3rd degree for team-stacking about 1 minute in.

I asked him what was going on and he's just saying "you know what you were doing etc." I thought he was joking he seemed so incoherent. But I still asked him what he needed me to do etc and he still just banned me.

I don't even know who 310 is

#3 BaronBadEgg

BaronBadEgg

DO NOT drug the egg

• Rookie Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

right. you played once. and right. I only asked you one time. and didn't cite that you've been warned for smurfing. and people didn't quit because they were getting pub stomped. and the sun won't rise tomorrow if it sets tonight.

if I told you you were team stacking or pub stomping (1 minute in is bullshit, and it was more than one round), why would you even need to ask what I needed you to do? The ban was basically an extended kick, hoping people would at least rejoin.  The team you don't play on usually loses half it's team because they rage quit bc of people like you.  I don't care if you're really good, that's fine... but when an admin asks you to stop smurfing or pub stomping (when it is obviously affecting the server population) please, at least tone it down a bit.  Don't act innocent and not understand what the admin is talking about.  You've had a history with this, you know what you are doing and what people are talking about. 

310 seems to be a guy that likes to stack whatever team you're on.  Got a fan.

Again, the ban was only meant for 30 minutes (the reason why I posted this to make sure it was only 30 minutes) for not listening to me about the pub stomping (with a history of doing so) and killing the server.  That was it. 30 minutes. basically a "hey, stop fucking the server up and ruining everyone else's game for your enjoyment. This isn't the first time.  Come back in 30 minutes if you like."

Anyway, I wasn't trying to perma-ban you for anything and got sick of seeing people leave just because you were destroying everyone (while I noted it the entire time).

#4 Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie

Renown Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

310 seems to be a guy that likes to stack whatever team you're on.  Got a fan.

#FanGurls4Lyfe

• UnicornDino likes this

76561198042112995.png

#5 #cri.stian

#cri.stian

Newcomer

• Rookie Administrator
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

Hello. I was there yesterday; and frankly BIGTICKET did nothing special except kill skulks that ran him down long hallways. He didn't even get to spawncamp until we lost too many players to properly defend the hive.

BIGTICKET has good consistent aim and he will kill you as a marine if you don't put in an effort to improve your movement, ambush properly, work as a team to take him down. However, there are MANY marines like that (on my good days I can do the same)

There seems to be a disconnect where people who are being massacred on alien side by decent marines don't understand what's going on. You have to get better. I haven't seen a single marine yet on a pub that is unbeatable. The better the marine is, the more you are punished for your mistakes as alien, bad movement skills, bad engagement, etc.

Pub skulks should know that it takes 2 skulks to take down 1 marine in the open, and only one if he can get the jump on him. Once this becomes common knowledge, and people start playing smarter then decent marines won't be able to exploit this easy flaw in their tactics.

Also, people need to improve. PRactice your wall hopping; know when to engage; I have terrible movement as alien, but I am very smart about when I engage and so, I have a high chance of killing decent marines. You can do the same. Play smart.

#6 BaronBadEgg

BaronBadEgg

DO NOT drug the egg

• Rookie Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

People can't learn to play when they are getting destroyed... I wasn't saying he cheated or anything. Just emptying the server consistently.

#7 M1sterS1r

M1sterS1r

Cocky Little Freak

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Hello. I was there yesterday; and frankly BIGTICKET did nothing special except kill skulks that ran him down long hallways. He didn't even get to spawncamp until we lost too many players to properly defend the hive.

BIGTICKET has good consistent aim and he will kill you as a marine if you don't put in an effort to improve your movement, ambush properly, work as a team to take him down. However, there are MANY marines like that (on my good days I can do the same)

There seems to be a disconnect where people who are being massacred on alien side by decent marines don't understand what's going on. You have to get better. I haven't seen a single marine yet on a pub that is unbeatable. The better the marine is, the more you are punished for your mistakes as alien, bad movement skills, bad engagement, etc.

Pub skulks should know that it takes 2 skulks to take down 1 marine in the open, and only one if he can get the jump on him. Once this becomes common knowledge, and people start playing smarter then decent marines won't be able to exploit this easy flaw in their tactics.

Also, people need to improve. PRactice your wall hopping; know when to engage; I have terrible movement as alien, but I am very smart about when I engage and so, I have a high chance of killing decent marines. You can do the same. Play smart.

Its a pub game, you cant expect people to get better when theyre gettin pooped on, besides this isnt necessarily about him hacking or cheating, its just stacking. I wasnt there so I cant say much but everyone has been warned a lot of times.

Back and ready for NG again.

#8 JAMESEARLJONOS

JAMESEARLJONOS

Newcomer

• Ex Donator
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Given the example in here, how exactly was BigTicket "team stacking" if he was the only top level marine in the server. One good player going marine isn't a stack, sorry. 

#9 BaronBadEgg

BaronBadEgg

DO NOT drug the egg

• Rookie Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

he was mostly going marine when that team already had good players. he should realize that the other team is quitting bc there are 2-3 great players on their team while the other team is getting steamrolled. as I said, I warned him until half of the alien team quit. at that point I was done with it. and as I said, he knows about the pub stomping.

I'll try to be clearer next time with what I'm asking of people if their is a misunderstanding.

#10 V8Energy

V8Energy

Delicious tomatoes

• Server Administrator
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

I think pub stompers know they're pub stomping. They don't need to be told, unless they have a dyslexia or something.

When I play the game, in many cases if I see that the other team is getting crushed, and I get kills too easily,I feel like there isn't enough challenge, so I switch to the other team. I really wish pub stompers would do the same to balance the game and keep it interesting for themselves and others.

Unfortunately they rather play stupid and get banned. Oh well.

76561197960408316.png

#11 JAMESEARLJONOS

JAMESEARLJONOS

Newcomer

• Ex Donator
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

he was mostly going marine when that team already had good players. he should realize that the other team is quitting bc there are 2-3 great players on their team while the other team is getting steamrolled. as I said, I warned him until half of the alien team quit. at that point I was done with it. and as I said, he knows about the pub stomping.

I'll try to be clearer next time with what I'm asking of people if their is a misunderstanding.

The other good players were joining BIGTICKET in that case, and the problem wasn't on him to begin with. He has one of the fastest computers in the active player base, and ends up choosing his team before anyone else does most of the time.  If other good players join his team afterwards, how is that his fault?

Also, there's the part where not everyone enjoys going alien. I'll go marine 85-90% of the time I play, despite being entirely capable of putting up 10-1+ K/D ratios as alien when I play alien. Why? Because playing skulk is terrible in this patch, and not fun in the least.  

Preferring one side over another is not stacking. Forcing people to play alien when they don't enjoy it is pretty much a straight up dick manuever. 

#12 BaronBadEgg

BaronBadEgg

DO NOT drug the egg

• Rookie Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

emptying a server is also a bit of a dick move. anyway, his ban should have ended  almost 24 hours ago. fact is, I warned him and it continued. and going marine every time BC aliens suck, basically means they will get stomped by really good players who only play marine

#13 JAMESEARLJONOS

JAMESEARLJONOS

Newcomer

• Ex Donator
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

emptying a server is also a bit of a dick move. anyway, his ban should have ended  almost 24 hours ago. fact is, I warned him and it continued. and going marine every time BC aliens suck, basically means they will get stomped by really good players who only play marine

That's not his fault. From all the evidence here, all he did was

1.) Join the NG server. 

2.) Play as Marines for two-three maps in a row. 

Saying crap like "OH BUT I WARNED HIM" is ridiculous.  You shouldn't have been warning him in the first place.  

#14 TechnIckS

TechnIckS

Administrator

• The All Mighty
  • 879 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

Ok enough of this.

If someone doesn't like our admins' decisions - go play somewhere else. There are many other servers out there. I don't fucking need drama. Look, it's not you, it's us. 

From today forward, any drama topics will be instantly locked. I'm done with all this bull shit.

• Pinkywinky likes this
Posted Image
Need my steam profile to friend / message me? Click above!
Signature shamelessly stolen from Kombin3 who shamelessly stole it from jax!

#15 kombin3

kombin3

The All-Seeing Eye

• Server Administrator
  • 587 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm afraid I accidentally banned him for a long time.

I banned him forever. Not accidentally.

He was once-again single-handedly walking into a hive and crushing it being 22/2 at the time of his ban, and frankly his attitude is shit, lack of cooperation and teamwork is shit. So hes gone. Forever. Anyone who has a problem with this, which I'm sure I can name at least one person who will of course say something stupid, can go with him.

• Coleo766 likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
Need my steam profile to friend / message me? Click above!
Server Admin - Forum Moderator - Crackshot - Competitive Team Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users