I started this post due to a reply I saw in the other, now locked post... So, first off...apparenly BaronVonBadEgg likes to also play as "PainKillers" - A) why? B) don't assume people know you are an admin when you are aliased...
Ok, so if you really want to ban me then whatever but I have run servers and been an admin in my clan for many years through games such as CS:S, Homefront, and L4D2 so you may want to take any bans coming from this nonsense that has started here with a HUGE grain of salt as BaronVonBadegg was WASTED and I mean WASTED last night. I enjoy getting drunk too, but I know that if I am wasted and gaming then I should not put on the admin hat unless A) it's something obvious like a speedhack (for CS:S) or a bad troll comm selling everyting, etc. A drunken...no...wasted admin should not be making judgement calls. Also I never brought up being a donator...PainKillers actually threw that in my face while in game with an "...I know you're a donator, but..." comment. The only reason I am a donator is because Tech is doing something that used to be common in PC gaming but is rare now-a-days (running his own hardware).
Here's what happened that led up to Painkillers deciding to banish me in particular followed by what had already led to me know he was way too wasted to be using his ban hammer properly...
1) Randomize stacked the teams...yay! 2 minutes in and alien team which i happen to be on is backed up to their own base. Every push or sneak past gets met by marine resistance..it's only a matter of time. Everyone knows this.
2) I call a vote to change map to Summit. Vote fails like 5/11 or something like that.
3) PainKillers types some stuff in chat like "FARVA are you a troll?" "Am I going to have to kick/ban you" "Just dont do it again or else I will"
4) Then I type "PainKillers you should sober up before you go throwing admin around"
5) He sends me a bunch of "Oh, snap! You better recognize my authority!" messages in chat (paraphrasing here of course)
6) I reply with my reasoning for the legit-vote call. It was something like "I called the vote because this game was over before it started"
7) Marines win after egglocking aliens and killing the only RT (because just shooting the hive was too hard I guess).
8) New round loads, random teams again except it left lama and a few other key players on marine and me on alien again. I leave and join a different server for a while.
Now, about what he's saying with the comm that was apparently rude to him or something. Baron was obviously drunk.
1) I along with probably many others on the team did not notice anything with said comm (other than the fact that we were winning the game) until Baron started saying something to him. I dont know what it was...when I play NS2 I tend to actually play NS2 and not get involved with "herp derp, you suck as comm" stuff so I don't really know what Baron said to him but then the comm said something back (dont know what it was either...sorry, I was shoosting...)
2) PainKillers takes offense and says he's admin blah blah blah
3) This gets that comm angry and comm says something back
4) PainKillers says something back
5) Situation escalates
6) Other people say stuff (note...not me...I was too busy sitting on top of the boards at this time)
7) Round ends. Everyone should cool off now since it's a new game right?
Everyone likes some booze with their gaming but at a certain point an experienced admin will realize they should just sit back and play instead of worry about admin'ing ESPECIALLY if there are other admins in the server at the time. This is what PainKillers should have done last night as he was obviously wasted (which I am not saying is bad...just don't throw the admin stick around when you are in THAT altered of a state of mind). It could be argued that Baron him self was mic spamming...
At one point PainKillers actually said in his slurred drunken voice from last night "Ok, well I guess I'll stop talking about random shit now" because people were trying to play and he was too busy talking about god knows what. He was really being more a detriment to the fun of the game last night than any of the people he was arguing with (until they both started arguing of course). The best web admins speak softly and carry a big stick...they don't look for trouble.
BTW My NS2 Steam ID is: 29829661