18 replies to this topic

#1 FARVA

FARVA

• Ex Donator
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

I started this post due to a reply I saw in the other, now locked post... So, first off...apparenly BaronVonBadEgg likes to also play as "PainKillers" - A) why? B) don't assume people know you are an admin when you are aliased...

Ok, so if you really want to ban me then whatever but I have run servers and been an admin in my clan for many years through games such as CS:S, Homefront, and L4D2 so you may want to take any bans coming from this nonsense that has started here with a HUGE grain of salt as BaronVonBadegg was WASTED  and I mean WASTED last night. I enjoy getting drunk too, but I know that if I am wasted and gaming then I should not put on the admin hat unless A) it's something obvious like a speedhack (for CS:S) or a bad troll comm selling everyting, etc. A drunken...no...wasted admin should not be making judgement calls. Also I never brought up being a donator...PainKillers actually threw that in my face while in game with an "...I know you're a donator, but..." comment. The only reason I am a donator is because Tech is doing something that used to be common in PC gaming but is rare now-a-days (running his own hardware).

Here's what happened that led up to Painkillers deciding to banish me in particular followed by what had already led to me know he was way too wasted to be using his ban hammer properly...

1) Randomize stacked the teams...yay! 2 minutes in and alien team which i happen to be on is backed up to their own base. Every push or sneak past gets met by marine resistance..it's only a matter of time. Everyone knows this.

2) I call a vote to change map to Summit. Vote fails like 5/11 or something like that.

3) PainKillers types some stuff in chat like "FARVA are you a troll?" "Am I going to have to kick/ban you" "Just dont do it again or else I will"

4) Then I type "PainKillers you should sober up before you go throwing admin around"

5) He sends me a bunch of "Oh, snap! You better recognize my authority!" messages in chat (paraphrasing here of course)

6) I reply with my reasoning for the legit-vote call. It was something like "I called the vote because this game was over before it started"

7) Marines win after egglocking aliens and killing the only RT (because just shooting the hive was too hard I guess).

8) New round loads, random teams again except it left lama and a few other key players on marine and me on alien again. I leave and join a different server for a while.

Now, about what he's saying with the comm that was apparently rude to him or something. Baron was obviously drunk.

1) I along with probably many others on the team did not notice anything with said comm (other than the fact that we were winning the game) until Baron started saying something to him. I dont know what it was...when I play NS2 I tend to actually play NS2 and not get involved with "herp derp, you suck as comm" stuff so I don't really know what Baron said to him but then the comm said something back (dont know what it was either...sorry, I was shoosting...)

2) PainKillers takes offense and says he's admin blah blah blah

3) This gets that comm angry and comm says something back

4) PainKillers says something back

5) Situation escalates

6) Other people say stuff (note...not me...I was too busy sitting on top of the boards at this time)

7) Round ends. Everyone should cool off now since it's a new game right?

Everyone likes some booze with their gaming but at a certain point an experienced admin will realize they should just sit back and play instead of worry about admin'ing ESPECIALLY if there are other admins in the server at the time. This is what PainKillers should have done last night as he was obviously wasted (which I am not saying is bad...just don't throw the admin stick around when you are in THAT altered of a state of mind). It could be argued that Baron him self was mic spamming...

At one point PainKillers actually said in his slurred drunken voice from last night "Ok, well I guess I'll stop talking about random shit now" because people were trying to play and he was too busy talking about god knows what. He was really being more a detriment to the fun of the game last night than any of the people he was arguing with (until they both started arguing of course). The best web admins speak softly and carry a big stick...they don't look for trouble.

BTW My NS2 Steam ID is: 29829661  :angry2:

#2 kombin3

kombin3

The All-Seeing Eye

• Server Administrator
  • 587 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

Would you kindly accept my friend request so we can discuss this?

Or reply to any of my messages which I've sent over the past hour or so.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Need my steam profile to friend / message me? Click above!
Server Admin - Forum Moderator - Crackshot - Competitive Team Member

#3 FARVA

FARVA

• Ex Donator
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

I added you as a friend on the forums. I didnt see a friend request or any messages in my inbox on the forums but I've added you as a friend on the forums now. I think we already are through Steam.

#4 BaronBadEgg

BaronBadEgg

DO NOT drug the egg

• Rookie Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

Made a Request in the Admin section about how I'm on painkillers and I shouldn't have admin during the time because it puts me down and I'll make a mistake.  I apologize to you Farva, you did nothing wrong.  Seeing as I lost my admin without anyone telling me or messaging me, you got what you wanted. 

But calling me wasted when I'm actually taking pain killers because my knee is fucked is just an accusation.  if you want to see if I'm an admin type "sv_who" in the console.

And well played Kombine, well played.  All-in will be happy for you.

*edit* There is a mute button.

#5 FARVA

FARVA

• Ex Donator
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

You losing admin wasn't necessarily what I wanted. I couldn't care less about that - I was just saying that if you are that faded then don't pull out the admin hat. I understand you weren't drunk, but I do get drunk (shitty to be exact) and play vidya but know to not throw admin around if I am that far gone unless it's something obvious and egregious. No hard feelings here. I leave feelings at the door when I step into a multiplayer FPS.

#6 BaronBadEgg

BaronBadEgg

DO NOT drug the egg

• Rookie Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

But not when you get on their forums.  I was getting trolled by 3 people and was having a hell of a time trying to keep up with who was who.  They were spamming me by message, calling me various names.  While another guy kept spamming to kick me because I gagged his friend (All-in | ADHD) who was talking shit and saying how i'd lose admin bc I gagged him.  The other guy (All-in | Ossified, under the name oss) started telling me over the server chat everything ADHD was saying.  I told him to stop.  So I gagged him.  They started rejoining under other names and got another buddy to join in.  Then they spammed votes. 

But whatever... if I can lose admin after requesting that it be turned off while I'm under the influence of pain killers and get no message of losing admin, then so be it...

*edit* Kombine was pretty set on this happening because, apparently, All-in is very close to him.  Calling me "Boy"? Meh, I gotta control me getting pissed right now.... I'm done posting on the forums, no point to.  See you on the servers some time (unless I'm banned without notification).

#7 kombin3

kombin3

The All-Seeing Eye

• Server Administrator
  • 587 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

If you can't act mature enough to pretend you don't have admin while under the influence, that's your problem. You know full well the extent of your own body and how you're going to act, and when I wanted to talk to you about it, you acted like a complete dick.

If you knew this could happen then say to remove your admin, don't take it out on others because while you're under the influence you can't control yourself. Again, when I talked to you all I wanted was information, and all you did was say how I was going to unban them and revoke your admin. Well they're still banned for the time being until such a time the chat logs can be reviewed, and I removed your admin because you obviously can't handle it.

Would you kindly accept my friend request so we can discuss this?

Or reply to any of my messages which I've sent over the past hour or so.

I've been messaging you on steam for awhile now, and sent you a friend request -- I can message you because we're both in the NG group.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Server Admin - Forum Moderator - Crackshot - Competitive Team Member

#8 Oni

Oni

Troll Admin

• Server Administrator
  • 421 posts
  • LocationGibsons, British Columbia, Canada

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

...If you knew this could happen then say to remove your admin, don't take it out on others because while you're under the influence you can't control yourself...

Actually he did say, he made a thread about it.

#9 Coleo766

Coleo766

Renown Member

• Server Administrator
  • 291 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

Isn't llama unicorn Dino under an alias? If he is I'd like to hear what he has to say about this.
Posted Image
Hey Everyone's doing it! I'm just not doing it right!

#10 Ossified

Ossified

Newcomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

@Baron, simply untrue, what you have said regarding what happened.

@Coleo, I'd appreciate it if you asked the "offender's" side of the story before saying "I'll reban them myself" without even knowing what happened, except from the opinion of a drugged admin, who was being an ass at the time.

Being an administrator requires the ability to remain impartial and to accept evidence and opinions of both sides.

Frankly, being banned from NG really doesn't hurt my feelings. I have a problem with Baron, which I believe can be resolved peacefully without anybody's admin being removed, and without other NG admins taking sides for no reason. If you want to talk to me before throwing punches, add me on steam. :)

Take care,

Oss

#11 Coleo766

Coleo766

Renown Member

• Server Administrator
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

@Baron, simply untrue, what you have said regarding what happened.

@Coleo, I'd appreciate it if you asked the "offender's" side of the story before saying "I'll reban them myself" without even knowing what happened, except from the opinion of a drugged admin, who was being an ass at the time.

Being an administrator requires the ability to remain impartial and to accept evidence and opinions of both sides.

Frankly, being banned from NG really doesn't hurt my feelings. I have a problem with Baron, which I believe can be resolved peacefully without anybody's admin being removed, and without other NG admins taking sides for no reason. If you want to talk to me before throwing punches, add me on steam. :)

Take care,

Oss

I believe that any admin on the NG admin team would only ban someone for a real and serious reason. I back any admin that bans someone and don't question them on it because I have faith in them that they did what was necessary. I had trust in baron that he was doing the right thing and had empathy for what he said happened.

It is now clear to me however that he was in no position to be an admin and therefore did not deserve my trust. If this inconvenienced you i'm sorry. I was not aware of baron's situation until after he banned you. There were faults on both sides and we will be taking steps to make sure this doesn't happen again. We as admins should be held to a higher standard and level of maturity than the average player. That being said if an admin is somehow in the wrong we are not afraid to revoke a ban if needed. 

Posted Image

#12 Oni

Oni

Troll Admin

• Server Administrator
  • 421 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

...Being an administrator requires the ability to remain impartial and to accept evidence and opinions of both sides.

Frankly, being banned from NG really doesn't hurt my feelings. I have a problem with Baron, which I believe can be resolved peacefully without anybody's admin being removed, and without other NG admins taking sides for no reason...

Actually he probably should have his admin removed for a while. He warned us in the admin subforum that he's bipolar and on heavy meds and that we should remove his admin for a while. We took it with a grain of salt and it turns out we should have listened. I know many don't think that's an excuse but being bipolar is complicated. I had a friend who was bipolar, she killed herself shortly after getting her masters degree. She was always the life of the party and a riot to be around, until she hit one of her lows. It's complicated shit and though I don't know what it's like I do know that it's not something that's as easy to control as some people make it out to be. Anyway, I'm going to stand by BVBE on this one because I like him and I sympathize with what he has to go through everday of his life. I do recognize though that even if I knew the whole story top to bottom I almost certainly wouldn't agree with him, because that's true love baby.

I like that you think it should be resolved peacefully Oss. I think the best way to do that is to just talk to each other in private and say you're sorry for antagonizing him. y'all probably should have known better and just contacted another admin to sort him out. He obviously he needs to say the same for all the shit he did to you. Just agree to disagree and leave each other alone from now on. There's always two sides to a story and from what it sounds like everyone involved over reacted. Frankly I don't really care what happened if everyone can just put it behind them and move on and I'm sure most of us feel the same. Drama is super fucking gay and I get enough of it being married so I don't need it here. ;) If you guys can do that I will send a picture of my nipples to a forum member of your choice every day for a week... I'm sorry, I can't be serious for very long periods of time, I just reached my limit. You each get to choose someone 'cause I'm sure you won't agree. XD

Also, my understanding of Llama is he's a hacker who we just tolerate so who care's what his opinion is? :p

Just kidding Llama, I love you.

#13 FARVA

FARVA

• Ex Donator
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

Yes, llama is def a hacker. He told me so I promise. You should ban him.

banhammer_forecast1.gif?w=300

• UnicornDino and Oni like this

#14 Oni

Oni

Troll Admin

• Server Administrator
  • 421 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

You should start a thread about it. XD

#15 BaronBadEgg

BaronBadEgg

DO NOT drug the egg

• Rookie Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

post the Convo coleo. idk why u suddenly do a 180 on me? I have plenty more to say about the other posts but it will be ignored anyway.

#16 llama_eater

llama_eater

Advanced Member

• Ex Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

Woah... how'd this thread turn into a conversation about me hacking? I mean, I only do it because Oni hits me when I don't have a positive K/D ratio (don't hit me anymore Oni!).

On a more serious note, I was there from Farva to the ban hammer landing on the All in guys. In short, there was a really weird overreaction from both Farva and Baron about Farva starting a vote to switch maps when it was clear (at least to the aliens, whom I was on the same team as with Farva) that we were done and about to lose. Baron implied he was a troll (which I thought was odd), and then Farva said Baron was drunk (again, weird, I would claimed high, as, you know his name was painkillers). Farva left, and that was that.

Then that ADHD guy came in and things went down hill. I'm not sure what got under his skin, but he started screaming over the mic swearing up a storm, calling people fags, etc. Zefram was there and said 'I know ADHD and he doesn't act like that, I bet he's a fake'... only to follow up a minute later saying 'At least I think he was a fake...'. Long story short, I'm not sure who said what to set him off, but he deserved a perm ban hands down for being a major douche bag.

I only assume that's what prompted the other all in guys to join. They seemed ok for a bit, then suddenly all started talking smack saying Baron was abusing his admin, he sucks, they'll take away his admin, blah blah. Again, not sure what set them off (they were fine for a number of rounds -- maybe they were just gagged?).

I'm not saying Baron's behavior was the best or even good, but it was most definitely not one sided, and at the end was 3v1. I sympathize with Baron and what he did, although my recommendation would be simply this (a great life lesson):

Before you say anything in a difficult situation, think about what you're trying to accomplish first, and then what's the best course of action to accomplish that task.

For example, if you're trying to get someone to stop vote kicking a player would you say:

a) Fucking stop you idiot, I'm an admin and will ban your ass faster than you can say holy fuck balls if you do it one more time. Dick!

or

b) Oni, please stop trying to vote kicking Coleo. Is there an issue I can help resolve? Why are you trying to vote kick him? I would like us all to enjoy the game without seeing that annoyingly bright vote panel on our screens. Since I'm an admin, I can help moderate issues quickly without the need for that irritating vote panel.

• MuchHigher and BaronBadEgg like this

#17 BaronBadEgg

BaronBadEgg

DO NOT drug the egg

• Rookie Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

and telling me to take my meds kombine? (our personal chat if coleo posts it).... you wanna talk shit to  a person with a disability? real nice. that had nothing to do with that night

#18 Coleo766

Coleo766

Renown Member

• Server Administrator
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

There's no real need to continue this. Tech has decided on what will be done and that's it. Go back to enjoying NS2 or have a walk outside. We are playing a video game and I think we all need to understand that. Thread Locked no need for more drama.

• TechnIckS, MuchHigher, MrWoot and 3 others like this
Posted Image

#19 TechnIckS

TechnIckS

Administrator

• The All Mighty
  • 879 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thanks Coleo. Did you guys notice i hate drama? Especially when

IT'S NOT REAL LIFE! WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!???

That being said, let's go play some games and kick some ass! We're here to have fun not cry like little babies :P

Oh and Llama does hack :D 

• FARVA and Coleo766 like this
Posted Image
Signature shamelessly stolen from Kombin3 who shamelessly stole it from jax!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users